Saturday 1 October 2011

Day 7 Limoges (sort of)

As I rode, i thought about where on earth I was going to stay. I stopped off at a cafe, which had free WiFi, and searched Google for any good sites, that had free WiFi. My mum was getting concerned about this problem ( I had texted her last night to tell her what happened) and with her help tried to find a suitable site. I spotted a site, which i thought would be ideal, and tapped the address into the SAT NAV. It took me some distance away from Limoges, through little French villages, and after asking the locals were this camp site was, soon found it.
I looked a right state, I was tired, hungry, and hadn't washed for 2 days. I must have looked a mess. When I found the reception to ask for rates, and availability, I was surprised to find it locked. "strange" I thought, so I hung around for an hour, but nobody came. There were plenty of camper van's but not a lot of tents...odd.. I decided to leave and take my chances.
I'd made it to the camp site about 4pm, and I knew from past experiences that night-time soon falls. I made the decision to abandon the chance to stay at the site, and went looking for a place to pitch.
I found an ideal spot, just as dusk was falling. I set up the tent, covered LJ in the bike cover to avoid being spotted and settled for the night.
However, I thought I heard snakes in that field, and spent a restful night again under canvas.
I was woken early next day by an owl hooting. "At least it's better than chickens" I thought.
I soon realised that I was covered in bites- I assume from midges. I'd bought some anti bite spray, but I think out here they love that- they certainly loved my blood! I was covered in bites, my face, arms, hands, and neck were dying to be scratched. I'd have to have a good old scratch!
I made my way out of the "Midges Hotel" and set off for my next destination. Dieppe.

No comments:

Post a Comment