Saturday 1 October 2011

Day 2 Koblenz

I woke up the next day feeling very confident about the trip. Breakfast was good, allbeit on the small side- a typical continental breakfast, cofee, bread, jam crossants and fruit. I packed my gear back on LJ and entered the next destination into my SAT NAV- Koblenz.
I'd worked oout on Google maps that it would take me 3hrs, with again an overnight stay. I was impressed with the condition of the road - absolutely spotless and a dream to ride across. i made good time, and on the way noticed signs for Nurburg - a village on the way to koblenz. Now where have I heard that name? before long my question was answered Nurburgring!! I'd saw an episode on Top Gear about Clarkson driving a rover diesel and trying his best to get a good time. Now this I had to see!
A small diversion took me to the village, where I asked two guys taking pictures iof very impressive fast cars, where the track was. He pointed to the road to the left, but said today it was closed to the public, but would be open again tomorrow. Damm! I soooo wanted to take LJ out there and see for myself what it's like to drive on the track, but I didn't have time to wait until tomorrow! Still I took some pictures, just to prove I was there!
It was pretty impressive, and they were using test cars that day, so I least I saw some action there! Time to find my hotel!
I found the hotel with no problems at all, thanks to the SAT NAV. It led me straight to the door! There isn't much I can say about Koblenz,  I never had time to explore the place, as time was of the essence, but I took one picture of the traffic!
I checked my plan, and thought to myself "this was the big one" 8hrs, 482 miles to Trento and passing through Austria and the alps. I checked over LJ, making sure the tyres were ok, and that nothing had fallen off on the way here...
I got up bright and early, and fuelled by German coffee, which is quite good, and loads of food, I entered the details into the SAT NAV and made my way there...

No comments:

Post a Comment