Saturday 1 October 2011

Day 1 Rushden to Charleroi

Well, the day arrived, Sunday 18th September 2011. I'd booked the B+B's, gathered all the paperwork, prepared the scooter, and got a sum of Euro's for meals, petrol etc. I didn't sleep a wink the night before - I kept running things over and over in my head trying to cover all the details and to make sure I hadn't missed anything out. I even gathered plugs, adapters, and chargers, for my mobile phone, my tablet, Ipod etc.
I woke at 7.30 and got myself ready and had a good breakfast. At 9.30 after packing the bag loading the scooter up, checking everything- again just making sure, I rode off into the morning.
the journey to Dover was uneventful, the scooter made good progress, and I soon found myself at Dover, waiting to board the ferry.. so far, so good!
When the ferry arrived at Calais, I soon learned how to ride on the other side of the road, and was surprised how easy it was! I set of for Charleroi, and the SAT NAV soon found the B+B. I good night's sleep - yes, things were going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment