Saturday 1 October 2011

Day 3 Trento

Going through Austria was fantastic, I kept stopping the scooter just to take pictures! The air was fresh, the roads were perfect and the weather was clear!

I just didn't want to leave this place, it was wonderful, as I said the roads were perfect, although I had to keep my eye on the road at all times as there was steep hills and corners, that often took me suprised! I also enjoyed going through tunnel after tunnel, going through each mountain getting closer and closer to Italy. The weather was getting fresher, a little nip in the air, so much it snowed for a short time there!

By the time i reached Trento it was starting to get dark. I had to find the hotel, but the SAT NAV let me down. Just as I thought I was there, it lead me to yet another blind ally, with nothing like a hotel in sight. I had to make a decision and fast as night-time was fast approaching. I decided to use my tent for the first time since I started the trip, and set off looking for a place to pitch up. I found a vineyard that seemed suitable, but as it was windy, I never did get the thing up, and it coming close to 10pm. I decided to have just one last look- if I didn't find it, then i had no other option but to continue on my journey, a task I would not be looking forward to!
I again entered Trento, and I spotted a guy taking pictures of the river, so i asked him If he spoke English "Anglash" I said
"a Little" He said.
So, I explained that I was looking for this hotel, and showed him my paperwork
"Ah, I know" he said, and then started to give me directions to the hotel. I tried to understand him, but his broken English was very poor, and I didn't speak Italian. I gave him a confused look.
"wait here, I show you" he said. So I waited at a junction waiting for this guy, to turn up in his car. But no, he arrived on a motorbike, and indicated that I should follow him. This guy knew the roads, and he sped off, with me bravely trying to keep up. After about 5 miniutes of hair raising twists and turns he finally stopped outside the hotel. Top man! I thanked him and he said good luck on your travels, and I entered the hotel, where I checked in, absolutely shattered, and had a good nights sleep, only woken up about 7.30 by noisy chickens!  Still it was natures alarm clock!


No comments:

Post a Comment